Saturday, April 23, 2011

Tahmina's personal responce about supersize me and food inc chapter 2

The documentary movie “Supersize me” by Morgan Spurlock open my eyes to see what inside the fast food especially the McDonalds foods in America. The name of this movie already told you what are making you super in size. There is no doubt. If you want to ask a question about why are Americans so fat? The supersize menu of McDonalds can give you an absolute right answer.
    When I was in my country, I heard a lot about American food safety and believed that American government strictly care about its people’s right and health especially children’s health. I left so much back to my country but was happy to think about that this country would give me and my daughters an opportunity to have a bright future and at least healthy food to eat and live healthy lives. As I go deeper and deeper to know about the American food industry, it always made me so scared and upset. If you could not get healthy food, you never can get bright future because health is wealth. The truth of American food industry threw me up in the dark and made me so wrong- very wrong.
      By reading Eric Schlosser’s Fast Food Nation and watching supersize me, now I could tell you how McDonalds, one of the biggest food companies in the United States are encouraging children to buy their infected foods to destroy their future health by providing play ground in the stores, adding plastic toys in the meal and producing cartoon characters in their commercials.
 The most upsetting thing is that school lunch that most parents and students believed healthy are not different from the food of McDonalds. Now I am really concern about my daughters health because I could help them stop eating food from McDonalds but how could I stop them eating school lunch. Like my daughters most children believe that what they learn from school is very true and what they eat from school must be healthy. There can not be anything wrong in school. Poor children!
 American government should stop going war to save the world from its imaginary enemy before having a war to save American people from its infected foods.

No comments:

Post a Comment